Our mission is to celebrate and honor the agricultural heritage of the Concho Valley and educate and inform the people of our community and visitors from other regions about the remarkable legacy of one of the world’s greatest agriculture centers.
- Create high-quality exhibitions focusing on agricultural machinery, tools and practices used in farming and ranching in our region.
- Undertake the conservation and restoration of agricultural machinery and tools adhering to the highest standards of the museum community.
- Undertake scholarly research for the purpose of creating educational materials, programs, interpretive labels, graphics and programs in support of the exhibition and educational goals of the heritage Center.
- Develop education activities to be undertaken by trained docents and interpreters who will provide guided tours and live demonstrations of such things as blacksmithing, sheep shearing and other agricultural practices relevant to our local traditions.
- Develop a strong organization comprised of a governing board of trustees, by-laws, and incorporation and non- profit status and employment of a professional administrator.
- Under the direction of the Administrator create a support organization to recruit volunteers, docents and interpreters.
- Write a Strategic and Operating Plan for the organization. This should include a budget and methods of generating the necessary resources. The plan should delineate areas of responsibility and an Interpretive Plan and methods of marketing the exhibition and programming activities of the organization.